Your trust, satisfaction and happiness is something that is very important to me. I understand how hectic it is to sell a house and it can be difficult if it’s not handled properly. To help you through the entire process, I’ve put together five simple steps:
Step 1: Decide to Sell
When you sell, you want to get as much value as you can for your home. So you might want to consider the timing of the sale because it definitely has an effect on the value. You don’t want to sell when it’s a “buyer’s market,” when too many homes are for sale and there are not enough buyers. Seasonality is something to consider as well because typically more homes are sold in the spring rather than the winter.
You can also increase the value by enhancing the appeal of your house. There are various ways to do this and it all depends on the amount of monetary resources available. You can renovate your house by remodelling an area or just freshen up the walls with a new coat of paint.
Even just keeping your front lawn tidy can make a big difference. Buyers love seeing green grass and flowers outside because it feels more warm and inviting to them.
Home inspections are also something that you can do to prove the value of your home. Buyers will usually ask for a home inspection, so if you do it ahead of time it will definitely impress them. It also gives you a chance to prevent unpleasant surprises and make any major repairs.
Now you’re ready for the "For Sale" sign!
Step 2: Hire an Agent
There are many real estate agents, and they're not all the same, so how do you chose one that’s right for you?
You have to pick carefully. They will be acting as your representative and you will need someone to look out for your best interests. You will need someone that you can trust and someone who understands what you want.
When I'm working for you, your goals are my top priority. We are partners in your success, and I commit to you that...
My clients will tell you I'm a fireball of energy and I work tirelessly to help them through every aspect of the biggest undertaking most will ever achieve - selling a home or property. Please visit the testimonials page to see why others have hired me to help them sell their home and why I am the best choice you can make.
Step 3: List your Home
Now that you’ve found the perfect real estate agent, they will list your home. First, I will value your house and together, we will set a price. I'll compile a report on market data to properly value your home based on the prices in your area.
Once I've done that I will market your home through various media outlets and listing sites to create strong buyer interest.
- I will prospect 4 hours a day to find Buyers for your home
- I will provide complimentary home staging consultation services
- I will produce customized, high-quality, multi-page, full colour feature sheets promoting all the features and benefits of your home
- I will install a For Sale sign on the lawn
- I will produce professional, high-resolution photographs and a 360 degree Virtual Tour of your home
- I will produce and distribute "Just Listed" brochures in the area
- I will host agent and public Open House events
- I will advertise on the MLS system immediately
- I will advertise on the Forest Hill Real Estate Brokerage listing system to attract qualified buyers
- I will network with the real estate community to keep your home top-of-mind
- I will set up a Social Media campaign
- I will update you with any changes in the marketplace, such as interest rates, competing properties and their condition
- I will communicate with you on the progress and provide you with feedback from other buyers and agents
Step 4: Receive an Offer
Not all offers are equal. I will help you get to know the terms and conditions regarding the price that the buyer wants to pay, financing conditions, or other things like inclusions and exclusions that the buyer wants to make.
Not only is it about the price of the home, but you have to carefully look at the other details included in the sale. Appliances, chandeliers, or even minor renovations can also be part of the deal. Shorter or longer closing dates can also be specified by the buyer.
If there is something in the offer that doesn’t satisfy you, counter offers or negotiations can also be presented to help get you what you want.
Step 5: Close the Sale
There will be closing costs associated with the sale that need to be paid either by or on the closing date. It can include mortgage application fees, inspections, and legal fees. But once that’s taken care of, you can pass your old keys to the new owners. Congrats!
You’ve officially sold your house!